- Read all warnings and instructions on the rented helium tank or provided by the rental store before use.
- Remove the regulator and tightly secure the cap on the rented helium tank to prepare it for transporting.
- Use care when handling the rented helium tank and always keep it in the upright position.
- To move the rented helium tank, strap it to a wheeled dolly.
- Follow safe lifting practices when loading and unloading a rented helium tank.
- Secure rented helium tank when transporting it in a vehicle.
- Only transport and use a rented helium tank in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not allow helium-filled balloons to contact overhead power lines. Electricity can flow through a balloon’s string and cause electric shock or electrocution to the one holding it. In addition, foil balloons reportedly have caused power outages by hitting power lines. Some states, such as California, require each foil balloon be weighted and have attached to it a statement warning of the dangers associated with the balloon contacting an electrical line.
- Do not breathe helium from balloons. Helium is a non-flammable, colorless, odorless, tasteless, inert, non-toxic gas, but inhalation of it can deprive the lungs of oxygen and lead to asphyxiation.
- Keep unauthorized individuals away from the rented helium tank.
- Always keep watch over the rented helium tank.
- Set rented helium tank in the upright position on a flat, level surface.
- Either place the rented helium tank in a stand or secure it to a post, tree or wall to prevent it from tipping over.
- Check all of the parts of the rented helium tank for wear, damage and leaks before use. Contact your rental store immediately if you find the tank or any of its parts to be faulty.
- Use the rented helium tank only for filling balloons.
- Attach balloon regulator to rented helium tank.
- Point the rented helium tank’s valve away from you and then open it slowly.
- Inflate balloons with the rented helium tank to a round — rather than pear — shape to allow for expansion. Overfilling can cause balloons to break, which may lead to a shortage of helium.
- Tightly secure the valve(s) on the rented helium tank after each use to prevent helium from escaping.
- Dismantle rented helium tank and reattach its cap when not in use.
Word of Mouth Events & Planning
Bladensburg, MD 20710
Toll Free Phone and Fax: (866) 905-9002 ext. 102#
Join Word of Mouth Events & Planning on Facebook for all your event and meeting planning needs and post your events here too. We have given you our best information to make any event or meeting a success; follow our blog.
Come and see all Word of Mouth Events & Planning has to offer to make your next event or meeting a success.